- Defined Health’s combination of scientific sophistication and strategic/commercial insight provides a competitive advantage for its core offerings across the clinical development value chain, with particular emphasis on assets in early phases of development.
- We have a deep knowledge base within and across all therapeutic categories. The focus of our work closely mirrors the therapeutic area focus of today’s biopharmaceutical pipeline.
- Defined Health’s research is conducted by its trained consultants, all of whom have a PhD or an MS degree and/or significant relevant experience in pharma and the targeted scientific areas.
- Our consultants possess a combination of commercial, scientific and clinical knowledge that enable comprehensive analyses and actionable recommendations.
- Commercial assessments of development-stage assets are the nucleus of Defined Health’s continuously growing experience, insight and knowledge, across therapeutic areas
- Methodology includes a combination of primary and secondary research whereby a target product profile is created, refined, and evaluated within the context of the product’s unique market and competitive environments.
- Output typically includes insight into the product’s market potential (in the form of high-level analysis or full revenue/NPV models) as well as recommendations for value optimization at various points
Opportunity Search and Evaluation
- Defined Health assists clients by helping to define and execute on strategic goals to either establish a new presence or grow an existing presence in specific therapeutic and specialty areas.
- Defined Health has more than 25 years of experience that result in an incomparable ability to evaluate and prioritize markets and potential opportunities.
- Defined Health has established a comprehensive & transparent process for identification and qualification of actionable partnering and in-licensing opportunities.
- We evaluate potential opportunities with our broad understanding of the current state of scientific, development and commercial environments within specific diseases.
- Defined Health provides valuable insights and assists in prioritizing of the most compelling assets available to meet the client’s objectives.
Portfolio and Platform Strategy
- Defined Health works with many emerging biotech companies to prioritize pipeline portfolios and define pathways to value inflection
- Typically, these programs are at pre-clinical to early clinical development (Phase I-Phase 2a) so opportunity remains to shape the development program to maximize potential for clinical and commercial success
- Output often includes a definition of therapeutic strategy and best transaction model going forward